1) Contesting begins on October 7, 2013 and ends November 6, 2013. On air qualifying runs Mondays through Fridays only.
2) How to Enter:
a. No purchase is necessary to enter this contest.
b. Listeners need to listen for a specific keyword at the top of every hour from 8am-8pm M-F.
c. Listeners can text in keyword to qualify.
d. No liability is assumed for lost, late or incomplete texts.
3) Eligibility Restrictions:
a. This contest is open to all 106 KHQ listeners who are U.S. residents and 18 years of age or older. Employees and immediate families of MacDonald Garber Broadcasting and its affiliates, sponsors, and their owners and agents are ineligible to participate, nor employees of other radio stations or broadcast media outlets within 200 miles.
b. Only one winner per household is permitted to win in this contest. (A Household Can Only Win Once. A Household consists of Adults 18 and Older At the Same Home Address)
c. Prize: The grand prize: There will be 3 grand prize winners. Each winner will receive tickets to a show- Ryan Lewis & Macklemore, Pink, or Selena Gomez. Each winner will also receive $100 in free gas and an overnight stay at a yet to be determined hotel.
4) How to Win:
a. Starting Monday October 7, 2013 and ending Wednesday November 6, 2013, 106 KHQ will announce a keyword each weekday on the air every hour at the top of the hour from 8am to 8pm. Listeners will have 10 minutes to text the keyword from that particular time to 88528 to qualify for the grand prize. Anyone who texts the keyword after the 10 minute window will receive an “error” message. 106 KHQ is not responsible for any errors that occur due to cell phone service or text transmission.
b. The text entries that are received within the 10 minute time window will be entered into the grand prize drawing.
c. Listeners are eligible to qualify multiple times for this contest.
d. On Wednesday October 16, 2013, Monday October 28, 2013, and Thursday November 7, 2013, 106 KHQ will randomly draw a winner for the grand prize of all qualifying text entries. Each winner will be announced at 7:20am with Josh and Heather.
Condition of Accepting the Prize:
e. There is no cash value and this prize cannot be refunded, transferred or exchanged. Winner must be available to use the prize on the specific concert date.
f. 106 KHQ reserves the right to change the specific details of the trips awarded based on availability of items such as hotel rooms and other details.
g. Individual shall be responsible for payment of taxes, excess charges, upgrades, late fees, and any other charges that incurred. These fees are not refundable.
5) The taxable value of the prize is $700. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes, including sales tax and federal tax, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Void wherever restricted or prohibited by law. Additional restrictions may apply as a result of federal or state laws or due to the contractual agreement between 106 KHQ and vendors supplying the trip in question. Where applicable, winner will be supplied with a 1099 tax form.
6) Upon claiming, winner must sign an affidavit of eligibility (The Rules), a W9 tax form, and a liability/publicity release (Release, Waiver and Acknowledgment form) as a condition of receiving the prize. As a condition of entering the contest, the winner agrees to be bound by these rules and consents to the use of his/her name, likeness and/or voice for additional publicity and advertising purposes carried out by sponsors without additional compensation. All entrants and their travel companions release MacDonald Garber Broadcasting, their advertisers, their subsidiaries, promoters of this contest, and their employees from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from the contest, and acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury or death. 106 KHQ reserves the right to select alternate winners at random.
7) 106 KHQ reserves the right to change these rules at any time during the promotion for any reason. Copies of these rules are available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to ATTN: Spring Break Escape Rules Request, P.O. Box 286, Petoskey MI 49770 or visit our website at http://www.106khq.com.
106 KHQ AND ITS OWNERS AND AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PRIZE DEEMED DEFECTIVE OR INSUFFICIENT OR FOR FAILURE TO DELIVER ON THE PART OF ANY SPONSORING AGENT OR SUPPLIER.
8) 106 KHQ has the sole right to initiate and end contest play. Only 106 KHQ can declare the actual winner / qualifiers. All decisions made by 106 KHQ are final. 106 KHQ reserves the right to change or modify the rules at any time. If it is discovered that the contest rules were violated in any way, prize winnings will be immediately refunded to 106 KHQ. MacDonald Garber Broadcasting is not responsible for ANY mishaps that may occur during, before, or after the giveaway event! Prize is considered As-Is.